Sunday, January 1, 2012

About this blog

This is the chronicle of a Montrealer moving to Edmonton. Although I'm writing primarily for family and friends, other humans (and robots) might discover it, so allow me to introduce myself briefly.

I lived in Montreal for 31 years, the last 20 years as a priest in the Anglican DIocese of Montreal, then accepted a new job as Executive Archdeacon of the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton. My appointment took effect today, 1 January 2012, and my wife and I arrived in Edmonton on Boxing Day. Over the next several posts I'll talk about the process of making the transition to a new city and a new life. Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great blog except that you fail to periodically slip in musings on your youngest daughters finer attributes (beauty, brilliance, boldness...benevolence? why not...to name a few) -- especially seeing as how it would be fully appropriate to the subject :)

    no but really :
    1. feel free to delete this comment if you don't want it marring your blog (cause it's kind of a joke) I won't be offended
    and
    2. this actually is really good (but you knew that) -- you should put up a link or section or something with all your letters to the editor, even the ones that never got published (obviously with reference to context)

    ReplyDelete